COTE D'AZUR VILLA RENTALS
1. The property including its contents ("the Property") is offered for short term furnished holiday rental to the renter ("the Client") under the following terms and conditions, subject to confirmation by the Agent, COTE D'AZUR VILLA RENTALS Ltd., an English company registered under number 0626740 of 6 Claremont Buildings, Claremont Bank, Shrewsbury SY1 1RJ (UK), on behalf of the owner of the Property ("the Owner").
2. To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with the initial non-refundable deposit (30% of the total rent due). On receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Agent, on behalf of the Owner, will send a confirmation statement. This is the formal acceptance of booking.
3. The person in whose name the reservation is made is responsible for the payment of all rental costs and for compliance with these terms and conditions. He will also be held responsible for damage incurred by those sharing the property with him.
4. Reservations can only be accepted from Clients aged 18 or over at the time of the reservation.
5. The rental prices include the following:
- Use of a furnished and fully equipped villa or apartment for the duration of the period specified in the rental agreement,
- Household linen, crockery, cutlery, and electrical household appliances,
- Cost of water, electricity, gas (if any), heating fuel (if applicable), pool and garden maintenance,
- Real estate and residence taxes (for stays of less than 28 days) excluding 'Taxe de séjour', French tourist tax,
- Presence of Agent's representative on arrival and departure for transfer of keys and other formalities,
- Household insurance covering the property but not the Client or their personal belongings. It is a condition of booking that that the Client subscribes to medical insurance, personal accident insurance and supplementary personal liability insurance as appropriate.
Prices DO NOT include the following:
- Cost of telephone calls,
- Security deposit,
- The heating of the swimming pool, if any,
- Extra cleaning or any optional services not previously specified and billed,
- 'Taxe de séjour', French tourist tax, not exceeding 6.19€ per person per night.
6. The Client will reimburse to the Owner the costs of any services not included in the rental price and requested by the Client, either on a set basis or depending on the actual costs incurred.
7. The balance of the rent is payable 8 weeks before arrival. If full payment is not received before arrival, the Owner reserves the right to cancel the booking and refuse admission to the property.
8. Cancellation policy
a) If the reservation is cancelled at any time after being confirmed, the 30% deposit paid will be forfeited.
b) If the reservation is cancelled within 8 weeks of the date of occupation, the whole rental will be forfeited.
9. A security deposit is required to cover possible loss or damage to the Property or its contents. This security deposit, the amount of which is shown on the booking form, will be taken no later than 7 days before the arrival date and needs to be paid by bank transfer. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owner. The Agent, for and on behalf of the Owner, will account to the Client for the security deposit and will refund the balance within four weeks of the end of the rental period. Any missing keys will be charged to the Client and the cost of replacement together with an administration charge will be taken out of the security deposit. For event, corporate or congress rentals, different terms and conditions may apply to the security deposit, and these will be confirmed at the time that the booking is confirmed with Cote d'Azur Villas.
10. Payment must be made in Euros and may be paid by bank transfer or credit card, the client must pay all bank charges.
11. The rental period shall commence 4.00pm on the first day and end at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
12. The maximum number of people residing in the Property must not exceed the number stated on the booking form without explicit permission of the Owner.
13. Upon arrival at and departure from the Property, a record of the state of repair of the Property and its contents will be made with the Agent. If no record of the state of the Property and its content is made, the Property and furniture will be deemed to be in good state of repair.
14. Accommodation is provided for the sole purpose of tourism and any commercial use of the property is strictly forbidden. The Client certifies that he is renting the property for the purpose of tourism only and under no circumstances may he establish residence at that address. The Client agrees not to engage in any illegal, illicit, immoral, or business-related activity within the Property. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. It is forbidden to fix objects to the walls and to displace furniture and appliances. For reasons of hygiene, pets are not permitted in the Property unless specified in writing by the Owner or the Agent. All rental properties are non-smoking and any cigarette burns, however slight, will result in the deduction of a minimum of 180€ from the security deposit, wholly without prejudice and in addition to any other legal and contractual remedy the Owners may have. The Client must respect the rules and regulations applicable to the property in which his accommodation is situated: he must not be the source of excessive noise or other disruption which might disturb neighbours, and he must respect regulations concerning the use of the communal areas of any apartment building. Although a final clean is included in the price, the Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property and its contents in an unacceptable condition, at a rate of 25€ per hour and for a minimum of two hours. By prior appointment (or immediately in case of emergency), the Owner and Agent reserve the right to enter the premises at any time.
15. The Client shall report to the Owner or his agent without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, machinery, or appliances in the Property so that arrangements for repair and/or replacement can be made as soon as possible.
16. The Owner will insure the Property for all normal household risks (but not the client's possessions or damage caused by the client), with no extra cost to the Client. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client for any injury, loss of limb or life of the Client, any member of the Client's party, or any visitors of the Client to the property during the rental period. It is a specific condition of this contract that the client confirms that he and all members of his party have sufficient medical insurance cover, personal injury and personal liability insurance for the duration of their stay in the property.
The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
- For any defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property nor in respect of defect in any equipment, machinery, or appliance at the Property which is not due to the Owner's negligence.
- For any loss, damage or inconvenience which is the result of adverse weather, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
- For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period. In any such event the Owner shall within seven days of the notification to the Client refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
17. The Client acknowledges that the improper use of furnishings and appliances, particularly those in the kitchen and bathroom, may prove dangerous. The Client and those accompanying him are fully responsible for taking all necessary precautions before using any appliance or equipment they are not familiar with.
18. The Client recognizes that showers, bathtubs, and floors may be slippery when wet particularly when those floors are of ceramic tiles and promises to remind his guests of this. The Owner and his Agent accept no responsibility to Client for any injury of whatever sort as a result of use of such facilities.
19. It is the Client's responsibility to take all necessary precautions to avoid any accident involving himself or his guests.
20. Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
21. Any exception to these terms and conditions granted by the Agent for the Client's benefit in no way modifies the present terms and conditions. Complete or partial nullity of any clause in the terms and conditions does not entail the nullity of the other terms and conditions.
22. Any violation of the above terms and conditions will lead to immediate termination of the rental agreement 24 hours following a formal notice to cease such violation, issued by registered mail or by a bailiff. In such case, the Client will be required to vacate the premises immediately and with no compensation whatsoever.
23. This contract shall be deemed to be made in France and is submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the French court (in which territory the Property is located) in respect of any action to be brought pursuant to this contract or as a result of the clients' occupation of the premises.
25. Holiday arrangements are booked well in advance and things can change over time. In the unlikely event that the owner needs to alter any part of the booking or cancel the booking in its entirety, the owner through the Agent shall notify the renter immediately. In this case the Agent shall use its best endeavours to offer to the renter an alternative villa of similar quality and price. The renter will have the opportunity to accept the changes or cancel the booking and receive a prompt and full refund. No compensation shall be payable and no other claim for compensation or expenses will be accepted.
26. EVENTS In the case where the property is rented for the purposes of an event, which expression will mean any party, conference, meeting, wedding or any other gathering of people over and above the specific people staying at the property, the renter agrees to abide by the additional terms and conditions issued by the individual Event Venue. These additional terms and conditions will be advised to the renter as soon as reasonably possible and in any event on or before the occupation of the premises. In the event of conflict between these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Events Venue, the terms and conditions of the Events Venue will prevail.
27. WEBSITE. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the villa owners to Côte D'Azur Villa Rentals who act as agent for villa owners. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Côte D'Azur villa Rentals. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Côte D'Azur Villa Rentals takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
28. COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY. In the event that either France, or the renter's principal country of residence (residence meaning the address as shown on the Booking Form), experiences Government imposed travel restrictions that prevent the renter from travelling to the villa for the full duration of the booked holiday, then the owner agrees to cancel the booking and give a full refund of all monies paid to the renter. This cancelation policy is only operable in the case of Government imposed travel restrictions and does not apply for any other reason (including, but not limited to, a member of the renter's party contracting Covid 19 or any other illness). The renter is reminded that it is a condition of this contract that the renter takes out full travel insurance to cover personal liability under French law and is advised to take out travel cancelation cover.
What is a cookie?
According to the definition given by the CNIL (
a cookie is a small computer file written and read on the user's
terminal, for example when consulting a website, whatever the type
of terminal used (computer, smartphone, digital reader,
The use of these tools is subject to the consent of the user as long as they are not strictly necessary for the operation of the site concerned.
Which cookies does this site use, and for what purpose?
This site only uses the following two cookies which, by their nature and their use, do not require the consent of the user:
Session cookie (essential)
Until the end of the browsing session
This cookie establishes a relationship between the web server and the user's browser and temporarily stores information about his session. For example, it saves him from having to fill in a form again if he reloads the page or makes a mistake.
Session cookie (essential)
2h after the end of the browsing session
This is a technical cookie used by the website's software engine, which stores only technical data and certain user preferences such as, for example, villas added to the "My Villas" function, or the language selected by the user.
Please note that if cookies are disabled or deleted, some parts of the site may not work normally, and some features may be malfunctioning.